Monday, December 27, 2010

::Pizza Face, Part 2::


[Sorry about the fuzzy pictures...I had to use my webcam.]
122055

So it's been almost a month since I started using Clinique's Even Better Serum to even out the dark spots on my face, and I am definitely seeing some improvement. It takes about 12 weeks of consistent use to see a significant reduction in the spots, but they are really starting to break up a bit. However, I experienced some problems initially and had to change my regimen.

122107

To recap my inital skin regimen: I was washing my face twice daily with a cake of African Black Soap, toning with Clean and Clear [orange formula], putting on 2 pumps of Even Better [you should put on more if you aren't partnering the Even Better with other Clinique products - if you are, only put on 1 pump.] and moisturizing with Cetaphil 50 SPH moisturizer. After a couple weeks of all this product on my skin, I was getting some HEINOUS blemishes, which of course only created more dark spots.

122342

I decided to start using the Clinique Acne Solutions system...results seem to be better now that all of the product I am using comes from the same line. I use the 7 day exfoliating scrub every morning, followed by the Acne Solutions foaming face wash and medicated toner, Even Better serum and Even Better moisturizer with 20 SPF. In the evenings before bed, I use the Acne Solutions wash, toner and moisturizer, but no Even Better serum. The sales woman I bought the Acne Solutions system told me that Even Better's effectiveness is not decreased if you only use it once a day. If I have a blemish, I also incorporate the Acne Solutions Emergency Spot treatment. I've found that success with this emergency treatment varies, depending on the type of blemish it is. It works best with blemishes that are close to the surface of the skin.

Since I started using the Acne Solutions system, I have been experiencing minor breakouts, but these were to be expected, as the system's primary job is to bring all of the impurities in the pores to the surface of the skin. I was warned that this would happen, and so far I have not experienced any scarring as a result. I have also found that the Acne Solutions moisturizer can be a bit drying, but since I am only using it at night and exfoliating the next morning, it does not seem to be much of a problem.

I also had to stop drinking so much tea and sugary juices and start drinking more water. I HATE drinking water, but putting in a lemon slice makes it a little more tolerable, and it also keeps me hydrated for longer amounts of time.

Have suggestions, comments or concerns? Email me at cehward@gmail.com or leave a comment and I will respond! Until next time...

XOXO, Girl in the World

No comments: