Friday, December 31, 2010

::Happy New Year 2011::


NYE

Well, it's here again...we're on the cusp of a New Year, with the promise of renewal and a clean start. I've never been one to make a list of resolutions, and I won't start doing that this year. However, I have come up with a "motto" to live by for the next year:

Learn to be satisfied - but don't mistake satisfaction with complacence. Always strive for more. Always strive to be better...and don't blame anyone else but yourself for the way your life is going. Remember to live...somewhat impulsively, to keep things interesting, but not irresponsibly. Do what you need to do for you, but keep in mind that there are other people involved in your life.

It seems I've let "real life" get in the way of living my life, and I've been miserable. This year will be about balance for me...finding the balance between the grown-up "responsible" me, and the impulsive fun-loving me that made the best of any situation.

What that is going to look like and feel like, I haven't the slightest clue, but hopefully I get it right this time.
And if I don't...well, there's always 2012.

Have a safe New Year's Eve, and I wish you prosperity, peace and success in the year to come.

XOXO, Girl in the World

No comments: