Tuesday, November 30, 2010

::Runaway::


plane-airplane

I'm a restless person, always have been. Lately, the Mr. and I have been discussing a move abroad, most likely to Europe. It's something I always planning on doing later, after I was sure that I could support myself and my family no matter where we ended up, but I never thought about doing it just to DO it. My mother-in-law (who has lived in Africa...) suggested that we just go for it so that we could have the experience - it didn't necessarily have to be a permanent life altering decision for us. We have no kids, we have no mortgage, it's just us and the dog and the whole wide world at our fingertips. But I have a problem.

My problem?

I'm scared.

Scared of failure. Scared of losing everything I've worked so hard to acquire. Yeah, I know material things are unimportant...but it is so hard for me to let go of them. Scared of having to start all over whenever I return to "real life."

I seem to be running into this problem a lot. I am on the verge of accomplishing a huge goal of mine...and yet I find all the reasons in the world to not take the next small step. When did I become such a chicken?

Anyway, I suppose it wouldn't be a bad thing to solicit advice or personal stories from people who have lived abroad, so if you have a story you'd like to share, please email me. It might do a world of good.

In addition, I have a Pizza Face Update: My face has adapted to the new regimen, with minimal protest. I did get a new zit along the jawline from the change in routine (...along with some itching on the first day), but it is responding well to the Clinque Acne Solutions Post-Blemish treatment Eleanor talked me into buying. So far, I'd say it's worth the $13.50 I spent on it! Updates to come soon!

Until then, peace.

No comments: