Monday, February 28, 2011

::Oscar Picks::


Anne-Hathaway-Oscar-dress4_183

{My FAVE look on Anne Hathaway, one of the hosts of the Oscars. The dress is by Atelier Versace.}

Sorry for the hiatus...like I said below, things have been cRaZy at work, with no end in sight. I won't be able to post as regularly as I had been before for at least another month.

With that said, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to add my two cents to the fashion choices for the Oscars last night.
Here are my favorite ensembles:

I noticed that a lot of the actresses kept their tones muted, with lots of neutrals...only a brave few dared to dazzle the audience with a splash of bright color. There were a LOT of amethyst tones this year...one of my favorite colors to wear:

1AEDC1B5

Natalie Portman looked wonderful in her gown by Rodarte. I was glad to see her take home the Oscar for Best Actress.

1AEDBFFD

Scarlett Johansson's Dolce and Gabbana gown definitely caught my eye, but I was a little taken aback by her messy hair. I think her overall look would have been more polished if her hair weren't so edgy.

1AEDB044

Hailee Steinfeld looked like a proper young lady in Marchesa. I'm looking forward to seeing her in more films.

1AEDBCFD

Halle Berry is again giving all the ladies a run for their money in Marchesa. She looks beautiful, as usual.

1AEDBD00

Gwyneth Paltrow rocks Calvin Klein, her go-to designer. She looks wonderful in minimalist outfits.

Honorable mentions:

JenniferHudsonOscars2011

Jennifer Hudson looks great, and I loved that she wore purple heels with her tangerine Atelier Versace gown, but I didn't think the cut of the gown was very flattering for her cleavage. It looked a little odd to me...what do you think?

63721321

Although Cate is one of my fashion icons and usually doesn't disappoint when it comes to her fashion choices, I was a little on the fence about this gown by Givenchy Couture. I loved the color and the beadwork, but I was not crazy about the bodice at all. Thoughts?

No comments: